Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Update!

The issues I was having with the ECU earlier this season have mostly been solved.  There is still a bit of hesitation but it is manageable.

Today I had the limited slip differential installed.  Have had a chance to drive the car a little bit and it is a different experience just around town.  I notice the car seems to hook up far better and accelerate better.  through corners I get a bit of under steer while accelerating hard.  Something I am going to have to adjust out a bit and get used to.

Tonight I am going to lower the car about 3/4" give or take a bit. If I can find the brackets I am going to finally put the rear sway-bar back on. I am hoping they are in my storage unit otherwise I will have to buy new ones from a Mazda dealer or a used parts place.

There is an Autocross event here in Helena this weekend, If I can manage to beat one other guy both days I will take the CSP trophy for the Montana Challenge series. Everything I have done to the car in the last week has been to ensure this goal is met.

No comments:

Post a Comment