Sunday, August 10, 2014

She's Dead, Jim

Well after a day of running at The Commons in Bozeman on the 9th of August.   We made it about 40 miles back from Bozeman and its looking like an exhaust valve has cracked on me.

Just spent the last hour running compression tests on all of the cylinders and pulling the valve cover.  Cylinders 1,2 and 4 are sitting about 160psi and cylinder 3 is sitting at a big fat 0.  after pulling the valve cover I have verified that there is nothing visibly broken there.

At this point it could be a cracked valve like we are thinking or it could be a broken valve seat.

Looks like I am done for the year with my car unless I can get the engine finished.



Below is a shot of the plugs in order.  Cylinder one is on the left.  Number three has a nice crusty build up on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment