Thursday, August 21, 2014

Small update


As you can see from the image above, I have attached the head and installed the water pump and timing belt.  Right now I am on a bit of a hold as I wait for some goodies that I was actually hoping to put off for a while but since I am putting the engine in I decided to go for it.  those include a 10lb fly wheel and a new clutch.  The clutch that is in there should still be in good shape because it really isn't all that old. but again... while I am in there I should probably just do it.


Other that that I have put the car up on ramps and will begin pulling things off to get it ready to be pulled. That should start this weekend assuming the weather isn't quite as bad as they are saying its going to be.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Ticking noise kept me from taking my Sunday afternoon runs. 99's have solid lifters, so checked clearances today. Eight of the 16 are out of the factory spec range. Four others at the maximum spec allowance. One other at the minimum spec allowance. That leaves 3 near the middle specs. Going to spend tomorrow measuring the shims and trying to figure out what size replacement shims to order.

    ReplyDelete