Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The plan for the winter...

So, with everything that went wrong with the car in the last month or so I have been working on deciding what to do about it.

At I am in the process of purchasing a custom built head from Flyin' Miata.  It is going to take a few months before it will be here and ready to install but I will have plenty of time to get it ready for next season.

on top of the new head I have a few other more minor plans in the works.  I am going to build a custom intake setup and get rid of the current "cold" air intake that I have on the car now.  What I have planned should give the car cold air at all times and even possibly a slight positive pressure at high enough speeds.

I am also removing the power steering system to cut a but more weight. I am going to quick/dirty route because I don't want to deal with the 'good' method.  The good method is a bit tedious and a pain in the ass.

With getting rid of the current intake I will be able to add a proper shock tower brace which should stiffen the car up when going over rough sections of road.


The last is a fairly minor change but it will add more comfort when driving the car on longer distance.  I am going to pull up the carpet and lay down some insulation to keep the heat out of the interior as much as I can.  The heat is one of the biggest issues I have with driving the car in the summer with no A/C in it.



There are a few other things that I would love to do for next year as well such as getting a set of Hoosiers but I don't see that happening now with what I have spent so far on the head.  We'll see what happens in the next 6 months though.

No comments:

Post a Comment