Thursday, September 12, 2013

Suspension Upgrades

Ordered the upgrades for my suspension. A set of Flyin' Miata's Afco shocks and springs.

These will take me from 318lbs springs in the front to 600lbs and 233lbs in the rear to 375lbs. While quite a bit stiffer, it will allow me to lower the car a bit more and it should improve the handling of the car even further then it already is.  These add a bit more customizability to the setup as well. Raising and lowering the car is as easy as turning a plate on the bottom of the spring with a special wrench. There will be up to 11" of travel as well...

I also ordered a polyurethane front splitter to add a little down force at higher speeds.  for the most part this will only really help at the Helena events where we see 60+ for a good portion of the course.


I am hoping that I will have all of the parts and have time to install them before the last event of the year on October 6th.

2 comments:

  1. After looking at photos of my car around corners and watching a friend co-drive my car at Nationals, I'm thinking about going stiffer on my springs also. Right now I'm running FM's Vmaxx track pack with 504 front & 336 rear. If I win the lottery I'd like to try some Xidas in 750F, 500R. I was supposed to be done with spending money on upgrades, so there's a good chance I'll have to just deal with what I've got now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually spent money on my car in almost 2 years... so I think its time I start upgrading things again.

    Once the new shocks/springs come in I am going to try and find someone who wants my old set. They are still good, just not what I'm after any more.

    ReplyDelete